Thursday, July 11, 2019

Hug Your People

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ThoughtfulThursday   #simplestamping   A dear friend's mom passed away recently. It's hard to lose your mom. Even today, I sometimes whisper, "I want my mommy." My friend's mother was a faithful Christian and I know that she's waiting to hear the trumpet of the Lord to sound. There is comfort in that thought.

I wanted to make a special card for my friend. I wanted it to be simple and understated. I think I hit the right note with this card.

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Very Vanilla Card Stock panel. I stamped the larger leaves from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Soft Suede at the top and bottom--one full strength, the other after having stamped the first. I added some Mint Macaron leaves in between. I adhered a strip of Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper to the center of the panel and then adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Soft Suede Card Stock mat. The card base is Mint Macaron.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Soft Suede Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle Die. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Simple and understated. I want to leave you with this thought from as friend's wife. She always says, "Hug your people."













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment