Tuesday, July 23, 2019

You Inspire Me

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Today's card is made with another stamp set I totally missed in the catalog.  I sometimes just miss things in the catalog and I'm surprised when I finally "discover" them. It usually takes me seeing an example made by someone else or, in this case, when our Proverbial Stampers & Friends get together to make samples from the new catalog. I'll be sharing several of the cards we made with the "Silhouette Scenes" stamp set, so keep checking back to see what I have to offer.

This card is a variation of the card shown on page 135 of the Annual Catalog--and it's a variation of the card sample from the Proverbial Stampers gathering. As I always tell my stamping friends, I give you a design and everything to make it, what you do with it is up to you!  Both the sample in the catalog and the Proverbial Stampers sample had a color-washed background. I decided to go a bit simpler--but I twisted the card stock panels behind the main image for a little more interest. 

Before I give you the step-by-step on making this card, let me give you the Tuesday Protip. Have you ever adhered something to your card and then found that it wasn't straight or that you adhered it to the card and it's now upside-down? You haven't? Well, I have. Jillions of times! Do you know how to easily fix that? You know, in case it happens to you in the future? Use your Heat Tool! Yep! Aim your Heat Tool at the back of the card and it will loosen the adhesive so that you can carefully peel the layers apart. You have to be careful not to burn your fingers or the card stock, but it works like a charm! (Ask me how I know!)

So for this card, we stamped the silhouette of the girl on a swing in Pretty Peacock Ink onto a 2-3/4" Very Vanilla Card Stock square. We punched the corners with the corner of the Everyday Label Punch. Next, we cut out the Petal Pink trellis with one of the Tasteful Backgrounds Dies and cut it into two pieces. We adhered a piece to each side of the stamped image piece.

We stamped a sentiment from the "Silhouette Scenes" stamp set in Pretty Peacock Ink onto a 1-1/2" by 2" strip of Mint Macaron Card Stock and snipped the banner end with Paper Snips. We tied a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine into a bow and adhered it to the banner with a Glue Dot.

I cut the piece of Petal Pink Card Stock we were given with a larger Stitched Rectangle Die and I adhered it at an angle to a Pretty Peacock Card Stock card base. I adhered the  3-3/4" by 5" Very Vanilla Card Stock panel on top of this piece--again at an angle. Then, I adhered the stamped image, with the trellis attached, to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also adhered the banner with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, we added three Woven Threads Sequins to the card with Fine-Tip Glue. 

So, here's the recap of your three Protips. First, take a close look at all the pages in the catalog because you don't want to miss anything. Second, do your thing--you don't always have to follow the directions! And finally, your Heat Tool is useful in more ways than one!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment