Friday, August 30, 2019

Mr. & Mrs.

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #FabulousFriday   My "work daughter" is getting married next week. I didn't realize she was my "work daughter" until someone called her that. And, I think they're right. She's smart and funny and she has a bunch of quirks--that are just like mine. It's uncanny! Plus we both have super curly hair, so we understand the struggle.

I'm so happy for her and her upcoming marriage. She's got a great head on her shoulders and she'll make a wonderful lifetime companion for her hubby. Of course, I've made a card to celebrate their wedding. I was inspired by this awesome card made by Jay from Mitosu Crafts. My card isn't as fabulous as Jay's card, but it's pretty special for a special bride.
I started by stamping the big leaf from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Granny Apple Green Ink twice (once with full ink and again without reinking) onto a 3-3/4" by 4" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Smoky Slate Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around and then adhered everything to a Pool Party Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the big daisy from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Melon Mambo Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I punched it out with the Daisy Punch. 

I used the Stamparatus to align the two pieces of the "Piece of Cake" stamp set so that I could punch out the stamped pieces with the Cake Builder Punch in one fell swoop. The cake pieces are stamped with Smoky Slate Ink and colored with a combination of Light & Dark Smoky Slate, Light Lovely Lipstick, Light Real Red, Dark Petal Pink, and Dark Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends.

I stamped the "Mr. & Mrs." sentiment onto a thin strip of Smoky Slate Card Stock in Melon Mambo Ink and quickly sprinkled on Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I set this with my Heat Tool and snipped the end of the strip with my Paper Snips.

To assemble the card, I adhered the cake pieces to the card using both Mini and regular Stampin' Dimensionals. I snipped two of the petals off the daisy, so that I could sneak it behind the cake. I used one Glue Dot to adhere the daisy to the card. I added two regular Stampin' Dimensionals to the sentiment piece and scooted it behind the cake, too.

I tied a cute little bow onto the Polka Dot Tulle and then I added three Melon Mambo Glitter Enamel Dots. But I didn't stop there! I added some extra sparkle to the flowers on the cake and to the cake stand with my Clear Wink of Stella!
I hope you have a lovely Labor Day weekend! Don't forget to stop back on Sunday--it's the first of the month, so I'll be participating in the Creation Station blog hop. The theme is like today's card: His & Hers. You'll have to see what we've created. I know you'll be inspired!!












Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment