Monday, August 26, 2019

Simply Sweet Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ManicMonday   #simplestamping   Every month, Stampin' Up challenges demonstrators to design cards for the beginning stamper. Those of us who have been stamping for a while are what we call "avid stampers" and that means we pull out all the stops and use all.the.stampin.things.  It's hard for us to step back and create a simply stamped card. It's honestly a challenge. 

Today, in honor of Manic Monday, I'm challenging myself to create a birthday card with the August parameters of just stamps, ink, and paper. I think a two-step stamp set like "Vibrant Vases" works well for this challenge. And I chose a fun color combination!

I started by stamping the scalloped shelf from the "Vibrant Vases" stamp set in Gray Granite Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. Next, I lined up the vase outline stamps on the shelf on the card stock and picked them up with a long acrylic block. I inked them with Gray Granite and stamped all three at once on the shelf. I did the same think with the fill-in design stamps: I lined them up in the outlines of the vases and then picked them up with the long acrylic block. I inked these in So Saffron and stamped all three at once. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the panel in Gray Granite Ink, too.

Next, I added the flower stems in Gray Granite Ink. I wiped off the ink from the ends of the stems so they wouldn't stamp into the So Saffron. I then added the So Saffron filler flowers. Are these stamped perfectly? Nope. And that's fine and dandy. I like the off-set stamped images.

I adhered the stamped panel to a 4" by 5-1/4" Gray Granite Card Stock mat and then onto a So Saffron Card Stock card base.

Simple and elegant--a perfect card to make in a hurry on  Manic Monday, or any time you need a quick card.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment