Thursday, August 29, 2019

Simple Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ThoughtfulThursday  We always need them, but we never want to have to use them--sympathy cards. Over the weekend, I put together a simple sympathy card for today's post and then I found that one of the stalwart members of my congregation passed away after a bout with cancer. It wasn't unexpected, but it's sad for those of us left behind--though we know he will rise again when the Lord returns.

If you need a sympathy card, may I suggest the "Painted Glass" stamp set? You can make a variety of cards with the stamps in the set, but it's my go-to for sympathy cards.
I started by stamping the medallion image in Crumb Cake Ink all over a 3-3/4" by 5" Crumb Cake Card Stock panel. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Mossy Meadow Card Stock mat--after I'd cut a scalloped circle from it. I wrapped a length of the linen ribbon from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack around these pieces before adhering them to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the "Painted Glass" stamp set in Mossy Meadow Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut it out with a circle Stitched Shapes Die. I cut a scalloped circle from Crumb Cake Card Stock using one of the Layering Circles Dies and I cut a larger scalloped circle from the Mossy Meadow layer using a larger Layering Circles Die.

I adhered three Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the Mossy Meadow circle and slipped it under the ribbon, adhering it to the card. I adhered the Crumb Cake circle on top and then used Stampin' Dimensiuonals to adhere the sentiment piece.

I finished the card by tying a doubled bow of Mossy Meadow Linen Thread from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack around the linen ribbon. I though the card needed just a little more embellishing, so I stamped the leaves from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Crumb Cake Ink onto Vellum Card Stock and cut it out with the matching Nature's Roots Die. I used a Glue Dot to adhere this to the card.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment