Monday, August 19, 2019

Talk About a Manic Monday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #simplestamping   #ManicMonday   Wow! I've had a hectic couple of days. Last week I missed creating projects for Thursday and Friday because I was getting my twins ready to go back to college. And by getting them ready, I mean yelling at them gently explaining to them that as they are 20 years old and nearly fully formed adults, they should be able to get themselves ready. Am I right?

Apparently, I'm not right. My son decided to do ALL his laundry from the summer in one load. The washing went OK I guess, but when he stuffed (and I mean stuffed) ALL his wet clothes (not sure they were actually clean) into the dryer, it couldn't tumble. So, um, it burned out the heating element and nothing got dry. We parents discovered this after we got home from work. And, um yeah, his twin sister hadn't done her laundry either. So we spent their 20th birthday at the local laundromat.

After we got home around 9:30 PM, they started packing. Started. We had to leave the house at 5:15 AM on Friday for the 7:20 AM flight. I had to pack my overnight case, too. (I'm a "pro" at that since I travel so much, but....) I ended up going to bed around midnight. I'm pretty sure they were both up all night.

So, we flew to Little Rock, drove to Searcy, and got them into their dorms in the afternoon (after two trips to and from the storage locker). After dinner and a couple of trips to Walmart--barely surviving the surface of the sun heat and humidity that is Arkansas in August--I got to my hotel room and had a lovely sleep until noon the next day.

The trip home was uneventful--if you call just making your flight because you stayed too long with your kids before for you left and a 3 hour delay for your connecting flight and crawling into bed at 3:30 AM uneventful. Ugh. I'm exhausted. I slept until noon today, too.

I spent a little bit of time in the stamping studio today and pulled off a Manic Monday card for you. It's one that I pretty much copied from the "Experience Creativity" new stampers' catalog. It's pretty darned cute--and you can make it in a jiffy on a Manic Monday when you're exhausted. Take a look!

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel and stamped the sentiment from the "Celebrate with Cake" stamp set in Granny Apple Green Ink. I stamped the adorable little bird in Granny Apple Green Ink, too. I cleaned my stamp and stamped the bird again in Flirty Flamingo Ink and again--without reinking. I added a Granny Apple Green birthday hat to the birdie on the right. 

I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Granny Apple Green Card Stock mat and then adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock Card base.

So, super quick and easy to make on a Manic Monday--or after a manic weekend getting rid of sending your kids back to college.

Come on back tomorrow for another really cute card and two--yes, two!--Protips.

Heading to unpack now (yes, I know it's 10 PM). G'night.











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment