Monday, September 30, 2019

Black-Eyed Susan

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ManicMonday   #simplestamping Black-Eyed Susans are Maryland's state flower and I've always loved them! Around this time of year--late summer to early fall--they start popping up all over the place. They grow wild around here, but you can also cultivate them. Since I have what's called a "black thumb," I thought I'd cultivate a paper Black-Eyed Susan that would last a bit longer.

This card was quick and easy to make with the "Daisy Lane" stamp set, the Daisy Punch, and strip of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. It's the perfect card for Manic Monday--or any time you need a card in a hurry.

I adhered a 1-1/2" by 3-7/8" strip of striped Mossy Meadow Magnolia Lane DSP to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock Panel I stamped the stem for the flower and the sentiment in Mossy Meadow Ink directly onto the card stock. I adhered the panel to a 4" by 5-1/4" Mossy Meadow Card Stock mat. I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around this and then adhered it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the large daisy from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Crushed Curry Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock, twice. I punched the flowers out with the Daisy Punch. I used my Bone Folder to curl the petals a bit and adhered the two flower pieces together with a Mini Glue Dot. I adhered the assembled flower to the card with one Stampin' Dimensional.

To make the center of the card, I colored a Clear Faceted Gem with a Light Basic Black Stampin' Blend and adhered this to the center of the card.

See? Very quick and super easy!!















Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00

No comments:

Post a Comment