Thursday, September 26, 2019

Moroccan Mood

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ThoughtfulThursday  Long before HGTV was a thing, there were crafting shows on PBS. Back in the 1980s and 90s the trend was to use baby's breath in nearly every handcrafted home decor piece.  There was a older gentleman, whose name I forget, who used to say about his designs, "Well, I think this is one baby's breath over the line." I have to confess: today's card might have crossed that line. I'm not sure...

I had a wild idea to start with a beautiful Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Card and adhere a panel of the copper-flecked Pretty Peacock Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper to peek through the die-cuts. The end effect was that the design seemed a bit Moroccan to me--not at all a bad thing! I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere the DSP panel to the card.

Keeping with the copper theme, I stamped a sentiment from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock, sprinkled on some Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut this out with the smallest circle Stitched Shape Die. I cut a just-larger scalloped circle from a Copper Foil Sheet with a Layering Circle Die. I adhered these to the card with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.

I finished the card by tying a length of Copper Trim into a cute bow and adhering it to the label with another Mini Glue Dot. 

What do you think? Too much, or just right?













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment