Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Bushel of Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Today is the first day of fall, so you know what that means--bring out your sweaters and flannels, sip some mulled cider, take a nice walk in the cool air. I wish. Here in Maryland on the first day of fall it was in the mid 90's and humid. Yuck! Well, I can dream about fall until that crisp weather arrives. 

In the meantime, I have a fall card for you--with a little bit of "flannel" in the background (if you use your imagination). We made this card at a recent gathering of my Stampin' Up group, Proverbial Stampers & Friends. Well, we got the ingredients for this card, but I took my ingredients home and added a few things to step it up. I think my card turned out right cute.
I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Real Red checked Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Real Red Cotton Ribbon around this before adhering everything to a Real Red Card Stock card base. Next, I added a 2" by 3-3/4" Basic Black Card Stock strip to the card and adhered Granny Apple Green apples to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The apples are from the "Harvest Hellos" set in the Holiday Catalog. They're stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and punched out with the Apple Builder Punch.

I added a banner of "thanks" to my card. I cut a 1" strip of Whisper White Card Stock, stamped the sentiment from the "Good Morning Magnolia" set in Tuxedo Black Ink, and flagged the end with the Tailored Tag Punch. "What's that?" you ask! Yes, that's today's Protip! The Tailored Tag Punch can be used for flagging the ends of banners!

Here's my banner before. . .


. . .and here's how to insert it into the Tailored Tag Punch to  flag the end. I even love that there are "guide lines" on the back of the punch. What a genius Protip!


Come on back tomorrow. I have a really wonderful Christmas card to share with you!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment