Thursday, May 28, 2020

Busy Bees

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Oh my goodness! The Stampin' Up catalog year is quickly coming to a close. While I'm looking forward to playing with products from the new catalog and sharing them with you, I feel like I have to ink up some retiring stamps before they're gone. And I realized that I haven't played with the "Honey Bee" stamp set (retiring) hardly at all! I honestly don't understand why Stampin' Up is letting this bundle retire--it was so popular! If you want it, you'll need to act fast because the stamp set and matching Detailed Bee Dies (retiring) are only available while supplies last and will retire at midnight EDT on June 2nd. You can save 10% off their individual prices if you purchase the Honey Bee bundle. If you want these goodies, you can click on the thumbnails at the end of this post and you'll be sent to my online store where you can make your purchase.

So with all that out of the way, let's take a look at the card I made. I must say, I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


I used my Stamparatus to stamp the bee image in Soft Suede Ink onto Watercolor Paper. This allows me to stamp the image several times so that the ink gets into all the nooks and crannies. Then I used a slightly wet Aqua Painter (discontinued--but there will be a replacement!) to pick up the ink and color the bee's wings and stripes. Once that dried, I stamped the image again to fill in the details in the wings. I cut each bee out with the matching Detailed Bee Die (retiring).

I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (retiring) to a 4" by 5-1/4" Soft Suede Card Stock mat and then onto a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base. 

Next, I laid down a light Soft Suede Ink wash with my Aqua Painter onto a Watercolor Paper scrap and when it dried I stamped a sentiment from the "Honey Bee" set (retiring) in Soft Suede Ink. I cut this out with an oval Stitched Shapes Die and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also
adhered the bees to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Remember, you only have a few days to get these retiring products, so act quickly if you want them!

Stay safe! Stay healthy!













Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment