Friday, May 1, 2020

Bird of Friendship

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of the benefits of being on home quarantine is that I'm awakened each morning to a plethora of birdsong.  Our house backs to a wooded creek and the trees are starting to sprout their leaves. It's like living in a tree house. It's such a pleasure to be awakened by the singing birds--they must be happy for spring to have finally arrived! (We have one male woodpecker who insists on pecking on our house at precisely 6:30 AM on Sundays--he's not so welcomed! We just pound on our wall and "Woody" flies back to his tree.)

Since the lovely Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper and Laser-Cut Cards & Tin are on the retiring list, I thought I'd make a card using these products. I also used a bit of Parisian Blossoms DSP (retiring) on the card and envelope. Have a look.

I adhered a 4-1/4" by 5" piece of Pool Party floral Parisian Blossoms DSP (retiring) to the inside of a Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Card (retiring). While I was listening to a podcast, I fussy cut a spray of flowers and a bird from the Bird Ballad DSP (retiring). I adhered this directly to the card front, with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Soft Suede Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. PROTIP: While both the "Free as a Bird" stamp set and Stitched Nested Labels Dies will carry over to the new catalog, they will no longer be offered as a bundle for 10% off. If these are on your wish list, get them before June 2nd!

I adhered the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and tucked in a bit of Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon for a pretty accent.

I also adhered a bit of Parisian Blossoms DSP (retiring) to the flap of the Bird Ballad envelope and trimmed the scalloped edge. That gives a nice coordinating flair to the set.

This Sunday is the first Sunday of the month, and our Creation Station blog hop will be live about 9AM EDT. You won't want to miss that--you'll see awesome projects created by Stampin' Up demonstrators from around the world! Come back to my blog where you can start on the hop!

Stay safe! Stay healthy! Stay home!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment