Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Painted Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The "Painted Glass" stamp set is retiring in a few days. I wanted to ink it up one last time before I put it away. I've always loved the bold font on the sentiments that I think pair so nicely with the other images in the stamp set. I've had the need to make a couple of sympathy cards this last week, so I pulled out the stamp set and coordinating Stained Glass Dies (retiring) and got to work. My card is based on this amazing card made by Stampin' Up Artisan Rochelle Blok.

I used embossing plates to emboss a piece of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock with the patterned semi-circle from the Stained Glass Dies (retiring). I ran it through the embossing machine twice, so that an embossed circle was formed. Then I used one of the Layering Circles Dies to cut out the circle. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece to a larger Pear Pizzazz Card Stock circle that I cut with one of the Stitched Shapes Dies.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Night of Navy Card Stock mat. Then I adhered everything to a thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I adhered a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon directly onto the card front and then a length of Old Olive Ornate Garden Ribbon (from the upcoming NEW catalog, but available now). I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the Pear Pizzazz circles to the card.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Painted Glass" stamp set (retiring) in Versamark Ink onto a piece of Night of Navy Card Stock. I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. Then I punched it out with the Timeless Label Punch. I adhered this to the Pear Pizzazz circles with, you guessed it, Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped three roses from the "Painted Glass" set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock and colored them with Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo and Light and Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I cut them out with their matching Stained Glass die (retiring) and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finally, I added three Champagne Rhinestones, for that perfect finishing touch of bling! 

Remember, the retiring items are only available while supplies last until June 2nd. So if you want them, you'll have to order them soon--just click on the thumbnails below and you'll go directly to my online store where you can place your order.

Stay healthy! Stay safe!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment