Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Count the Good Times

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Well, it's time to say goodbye to one of my favorite stamp sets in the current annual catalog: "Piece of Cake" (retiring). Oh, how I've loved that stamp set and matching Cake Builder Punch (retiring)! I've made some super cute cards over the last couple of years. I'm going to miss my pals (even as I look forward to making some new pals in the new catalog)! I decided to pair this stamp set with some retiring DSP and with some things that will be carrying on. Oh, and yes, I'm using the retiring 2018-2020 In Color, Lovely Lipstick, because, well...you'll figure it out.

I used my Stamparatus to line up the cake and cake stand so that they fit perfectly in the punch. You can see how to do that on a previous blog post where I shared this PROTIP. I stamped these in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then I used a Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blend to color the cake, a Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blend to color the icing, and a Light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend for the cake stand. Then I used the Cake Builder Punch (retiring) to punch out the pieces. I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects to the icing to make it glisten!

Next, I adhered a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Best Dressed 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper (retiring) to a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White panel. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around this before adhering it to a Lovely Lipstick Card Stock (retiring) card base.

I used the Painted Labels Dies to cut out the Whisper White label behind the cake and the sentiment medallion. I also used the scalloped edge die to cut out a bit of the Best Dressed DSP (retiring). I adhered the scalloped DSP piece to the label and then adhered the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the "Piece of Cake" (retiring) stamp set in Lovely Lipstick Ink (retiring) onto the center of the die-cut medallion. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals as well.

I adhered the cake pieces to the label with Stampin' Dimensionals. If I had thought ahead, I would have stamped the candles before I got to this point, but I didn't--so, I very carefully, and with a little prayer, stamped the candles in Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto the label. I colored the candles with a Light Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blend and the flames with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend. 

To add just a bit more shimmer to the card, I colored the candles and cake stand with Clear Wink of Stella. I added three Melon Mambo Noble Peacock Rhinestones (retiring) to the card for an additional bit of bling.
See? How fun is this card?! I'm really going to miss this set--but you don't have to miss out! You can still order the "Piece of Cake" stamp set and Cake Builder Punch. Everything retires at 1150 PM (MT) on June 2nd, BUT retiring stamp sets are only guaranteed to be available through May 22 (that's 2 days!) and all other products are only available while supplies last. So don't delay!! Click on the thumbnails below and you'll go right to my online store where you can place your order.

Stay healthy. Stay safe!



Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment