Monday, May 4, 2020

Feeling Productive

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Even before our quarantine began, I was decluttering and reorganizing parts of my house. I really don't like clutter, but I don't always feel like taking the time to fix a mess--until I get overwhelmed with the mess and then action is called for. Know what I mean? Honestly, sometimes the "crafter-math" in my stampin' room is out of control and I can't create until I put everything back in its place. It's just so calming when everything is put away and prettily organized.

As the Stampin' Up year is coming to and end, I've pulled all my retiring supplies and I'm about ready--but not quite--to pack them up to make way for new stuff. In the process, I also go through my card samples to see which ones will carry over and which ones have stamp sets, designer series paper, and embellishments that have retired. As you can imagine, I have TONS of cards. I usually try to sell them at a local holiday craft fair, but even then, I still have too many to deal with. 

However, I spent time today gathering cards to donate to Operation Gratitude. This non-profit organization supports military, veterans, and first responders. Even with COVID-19 upon us, this organization is taking donations--they'll need  more than just greeting cards--and providing our heroes with the encouragement they so deserve. I hope you'll check out their website and see what YOU can donate to them.

Since I used all my energy (creative or otherwise) on gathering and fixing cards to donate, I decided to pull a couple of previously made cards to feature on my blog today. Both cards use the adorable, and sadly retiring
"Witty-cisms" stamp set from the January-to-June Mini Catalog. Aren't these stinkin' cute?!

Both designs are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. The baby buggy is colored with Light and Dark Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends and the strawberry is colored with Light Real Red and Light Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends. The baby buggy image is cut with an oval Stitched Shape Die and adhered to a Balmy Blue scalloped oval cut with a Layering Ovals Die. The strawberry is cut with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.

Both cards have a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock panel that I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered everything to a matching card base--either Balmy Blue or Mint Macaron.

These cards were so quick and easy to make--and if you'd like the "Witty-cism" stamp set (retiring) in your collection, order before it retires on June 2. FYI: stamp sets are only guaranteed to be available until May 22. When they're gone, they're gone. 








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment