Monday, May 11, 2020

Coffee & Cards

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   With everyone being under "stay at home" orders here in Maryland, it's impossible to get together to stamp. That's a shame because one of the best things about this stamping hobby is getting together with friends to create! We've all had to do some outside the box thinking and, thanks to an idea I copied from Julie Kettlewell in the UK, I decided to try a "coffee and cards" session over Zoom. I designed four cards using the "Itty Bitty Birthdays" stamp set and sent out card kits to my friends. We had our first session on Saturday and it was so much fun! Here's the first card we made together.
I started by cutting the smallest circle in the Stitched Shapes Dies from the center of a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Old Olive Card Stock. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (retiring) to the Old Olive mat. Then I adhered a 1" by 3-3/4" striped piece of Peaceful Poppies DSP on top and wrapped a length of 1/4" Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding around before adhering to a Poppy Parade Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Itty Bitty Birthdays" stamp set in Poppy Parade Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch (retiring). I adhered this to the Old Olive stitched circle and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the label assembly to the card.

For a finishing touch, I glued three Peaceful Poppies Sequins
(retiring) to the label. So pretty!

My virtual guests really liked this card and we're all looking forward to next week's session. If you'd like to make this, all the supplies are listed below. Just click on a thumbnail to get started shopping in my online store. Remember: the retiring products are only available while supplies last and only until June 2nd when they'll be gone for good!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment