Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Fab Howl-o-Ween

#stampinup   I'm going to get a lot of use out of the "Howl-o-Ween Treat" stamp set this month. After all, it is the month of Halloween! I thought it would be a great set to use for this week's Fab Friday sketch challenge.



I love the Tangelo Twist and Basic Black color combination of the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper. I thought this would make a good focal point for one of the panels from the sketch. I cut a piece of Happy Haunting DSP and backed it with a Basic Black mat. Then I cut a smaller Very Vanilla panel and stamped the "trick or treat" sentiment from the "Howl-o-Ween" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink. I stamped the wee little spider in Basic Black as well and then used one of the Project Life Journaling Pens to draw a spider thread for him to hang on. 

I adhered these two elements together and then added a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon. I think the ribbon really makes the design pop. I adhered all of this to a Tangelo Twist card base. Don't mind the crinkle at the top of the card. My filing "system" is to pile my cards on the floor as I finish them and someone stepped on this card. I think that just adds to the Halloween patina.



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I have a filing system like that! Love your card, and that happy little spider! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That DSP works great for the background here! Simple but simply cute, too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete