Thursday, October 1, 2015

Neutral Thank You

#stampinup   The first card I made for this week's Nacho Average Challenge didn't turn out quite like I envisioned. I made and remade it several times before pitching it and starting on a different design.  The Nacho sketch is simple--it should be simple to make a card. Sometimes the sketches with the fewest design elements are the hardest--at least for me.



Anyway, I decided to use a set I haven't used in a long time, "Everything Eleanor." I like the elegant feel of this set and I thought it would be great with the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper. I stamped the label shape from the "Everything Eleanor" set in Sahara Sand on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I fussy cut the shape. Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap. I used the Circles Framelits Collection to cut out the sentiment and the next larger framelit to cut out a Basic Black circle for a mat. I adhered these two together and then onto the fussy cut label.

Next, I added a Basic Black mat to a Sahara Sand card base and then a panel from one of the Timeless Elegance DSP papers. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon around the DSP before adhering the label assembly to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. And that's it. Pretty simple, once I changed my design idea!

 

Product List

4 comments:

  1. oh, I think this is beautiful! I love black and sahara together -- very classy look!! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card! Glad you stuck with the challenge until you got something you liked. Sometimes the crafty mojo just doesn't cooperate, right? Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you kept at it. This card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete