Friday, October 23, 2015

Christmas Preview #5

#stampinup   Today's card uses the holly and pine spray from the "Peaceful Wreath" stamp set. (Stay tuned for Monday's blog post for a card made with the wreath from this set.)

I started with a 2.5" x 4-3/8" piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the holly spray onto this in Mossy Meadow. I used a Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker to color the berries and an Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker to color in the holly leaves.

Next, I aligned the three stamps that make up the "Wishing you peace at Christmas" sentiment onto one acrylic block. I removed the "peace" stamp and stamped the two parts of the sentiment in Mossy Meadow. Then I attached the "peace" stamp to another acrylic block and stamped it in Cherry Cobbler.

I adhered the Whisper White panel onto a slightly larger Mossy Meadow Panel and tied a length of Cherry Cobbler Thick Bakers Twine at the top. Then I cut a 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" piece of plaid Merry Moments Designer Series Paper and adhered it to a 3-7/8" x 5" piece of Cherry Cobbler. I layered the pieces together onto a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base.

I think this card is stunning with the all the Whisper White accents.

 

Product List
119681s
Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker
[119681]
$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment