Friday, October 2, 2015

You're a Manly Star

#stampinup   I guess I've entered a neutral phase. My last couple of cards have been less than colorful. Maybe it's because it's been rainy here in Maryland for two days. I'm not complaining. We need the rain. I actually like rain. Maybe I'm transitioning to fall colors.

Anyway, for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge, I used a neutral pallet--and I like it. I started with a Crumb Cake card base and added a Lost Lagoon mat. Next, I stamped the "You're a Star" sentiment from the "Pictogram Punches" stamp set in Lost Lagoon onto a Very Vanilla panel. I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to get the sentiment aligned.

I cut some stars in Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon card stock with the Stars Framelits Collection. I used the fabulous Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the open star. Love that stuff! I stamped one of the stars from the "Pictogram Punches" set onto a Lost Lagoon scrap and punched it with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhered it with a Glue Dot.  All the stars, except the small Crumb Cake star are adhered directly to the Very Vanilla Panel.  I used a Stampin' Dimensional to adhere the small Crumb Cake star.



Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to use stars for the sketch and those colors work beautifully together! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this clean graphic design! The stars work perfectly! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your neutrals - Lost Lagoon is a perfect addition! I really like your layout of the stars - with two big ones, and one that's open - it's a fabulous look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete