Thursday, October 15, 2015

Harry Halloween

#stampinup   #creativecrew   My final project for the Splitcoaststampers October Creative Crew Challenge is a black and white and red Halloween card.

I won the "Howl-o-Ween Treat" stamp set at the #InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up #Convention2015 but the coordinating framelits weren't part of the prize patrol. So, I fussy cut the elements for this card. They're bold shapes, so cutting them wasn't hard at all.

I love this wizard hat--it reminds me of the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter. I'm sure you'll see it again on top of the owl's head from this same set!!

For this card, I started with a piece of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper. I used the piece with the  black and white hashes.  I stamped the "trick or treat" sentiment directly onto the DSP in Basic Black Archival Ink.

Next, I stamped the skull onto a Whisper White scrap in Basic Black Archival ink and the wizard hat in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap. I cut both out with my Paper Snips. I adhered the wizard hat to the skull and then adhered the assembly to the DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I adhered the DSP panel onto a Real Red mat and then onto a Basic Black card base. I thought the card needed a little something else, so I added three of the largest Basic Rhinestones to the bottom.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment