Friday, October 9, 2015

Birthday Wishes

#stampinup   This week's theme at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog is "splatter." Since I had the "Watercolor Wishes" stamp set out, I chose the birthday sentiment from this set. I also found the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack while I was searching in my pile of DSP. I'd forgotten I had that!

I chose the Watermelon Wonder sheet of DSP with the wrapped candies. It's a really cute design--and it reminds me of Candy Crush, which, I've got to admit, I'm kind of addicted to playing.

I cut a 1.5" x 5-1/8" strip of the DSP and adhered this to a Whisper White panel. I stamped the birthday sentiment in Watermelon Wonder just above the DSP. I added some splatter from the "Awesomely Artistic" set in Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder, stamping off once each time.

I wrapped a length of 1/4" Whisper White Cotton Ribbon around the DSP before adhering the panel to a Crushed Curry mat and then onto a Watermelon Wonder card base.

I really like this color combination and I think I'll be using it again. I think this is a really cute and super quick birthday card!



Product List

3 comments:

  1. Super fun and festive birthday card! Love all that splatter. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterned paper is so cute and I love the stamped splatter! The warm colors are just the right choice for this cold and grey season!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and celebratory colour combo, Kathy ... there's a wonderful sense of party energy about all that fabulous splatter! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday! Anita - Surprise Party Guest :)

    ReplyDelete