Thursday, October 29, 2015

One Last Halloween Card

#stampinup   I have time to share one last Halloween card before moving onto Fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I'm really loving the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper, so this week's Global Design Challenge was a great chance to use some more of it!

The Global Design Challenge is new--this is only the 8th challenge. I'm always happy to find new challenge blogs for inspiration. The GDP design crew are some of the finest stampers in the WORLD! Check them out!

GDP Challenge #8 is to CASE a card. Normally, CASE means "copy and share everything," but for this challenge, CASE means "copy and selectively edit." In other words, use something about the elements of the card to inspire your card. I choose to use a modification of the layout so I could showcase the Happy Haunting DSP.



I started with a Tangelo Twist card base and added a Basic Black mat--you can't get any more Halloweeny than that! I cut two different sheets of Happy Haunting DSP--one is 2-1/4" x 3-1/2" and the other is 2" by 3-1/2". I backed each of these with a slightly larger Tangelo Twist mat. I adhered these pieces directly to the card.

Next, I stamped the "spooky" circle from the "Among the Branches" set in Tangelo Twist onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I punched a piece of Basic Black with the 2-3/8" Scallop Punch and then rotated the punched piece and punched it again with the same punch to get the spiky edges. Using a small sticky note helps align the already punched pieced. I adhered the spooky circle onto the spiky circle and then added this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

That's it! Quick and easy! It took me longer to choose which two pieces of DSP to use than to put the whole card together!



Product List

7 comments:

  1. I love Halloween projects, probably because it is not as big a holiday here in New Zealand, so it is still fresh and new to us. I love the clean layers to your card. Quick and easy is just the thing! Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - I love the simplicity of your design. You have showcased this paper and stamp set very well. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. You have done so well with this week's challenge. Looks great. Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project challenge. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kathy. Everything is so perfectly cut and straight - perfection! Thanks so much for joining in the Global Design Project this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy- I love this! Clean and adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy- I love this! Clean and adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy- I love this! Clean and adorable

    ReplyDelete