Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Front Page Baby

#stampinup   #creativecrew   My third project for the Splitcoaststampers October Creative Crew Challenge is a scrapbook page. We were given a sketch and we were to make a "front page" article out of our story. Since my kids are my world, my story starts with my first-born, who's 21 now!!

Making a scrapbook page is a bit of a challenge for me...thank goodness for Project Life by Stampin' Up! For this layout, I cut two 3" x 4" pieces of Typeset Designer Series Paper and stamped "EXTRA!" on them in Real Red with the "Layered Letters Alphabet" stamp set.

Next, I cut a 3" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and stamped my son's birthday and the wreath from the "Hello Baby" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink. Not only do the photopolymer stamps let you see exactly where you're placing them, but this set allows you to line up all the elements on one block. Yay!

The hardest part of this layout was finding a photo of my son. I have all the photos in several boxes in my junk treasured memorabilia closet. Once I found a suitable picture, I had to figure out how to print the picture in sepia tone to match the Very Vanilla elements. I finally figured it out! Isn't my baby a cutie-patootie??!!


I also added a little heart punched from Red Glimmer Paper with the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment