Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lynn & Kathy's Kute Krafts

Way back in the time of the dinosaurs, my BFF Lynn and I had a little craft business on the side. I don't think we made a lot of money, but we had fun making all kinds of crafts.  I made fabric creations--stuffed animals, dolls, cross stitched decorative items. And Lynn's claim to craft fair fame was her ever-so-cute wooden bear shelf. Lynn used a jigsaw to cut out bear bodies and paws and the shelf rested in their laps. She stained the wood and painted faces and paws. Those shelves were adorbs!! Everyone who came by our booth squealed, "Oh look at the cute bear shelf!!" But then we met rubber stamping. . .

Lynn introduced me to rubber stamping--well, actually, our friend Jane had the first Stampin' Up party--but Lynn was stamping before that. I didn't "get" it. What? Take a stamp, put it in ink, put it on a paper, color it? Where's the art in that? But when I saw all the wonderful Stampin' Up products and how they all coordinated, well I finally "got" it!! I'm sure that was 20 years ago.

I slowly started buying stamps and paper and inks and tools. And then I realized it was becoming a real hobby. And then it became a real obsession. I was buying so much stuff, I thought that I ought to be a demonstrator so that I could at least get the discount. So I said to my husband, knowing what his reply would be, "Honey. I'm thinking about becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator." And he said, "I think that's a good idea." Wha-huh? And that's how it began. A few years later, Lynn had the same convo with her DH and he had the same reaction. And here we are. Lynn & Kathy's Kute Kards!

Anyway, Lynn has been hosting a blow-out stamp camp during Sale-a-Bration for as long as I can remember--well before I became a demonstrator 7 years ago. Instead of having someone else come up with the projects, Lynn and I are the creative geniuses behind our SAB stamp camp! The creating is half the fun--the other half is cutting paper spending time with our crafting friends. We have a blast! I hope YOU can join us. The details follow the pictures of one of the items YOU will be making at camp.

We'll be making the tag for the gift bag at camp using a LOT of new products from the Occasions mini catalog.  I've shown a couple extra flowers made from the Spiral Flower Original Die. They're so easy and so pretty!!  I must admit that I CASED the tag from page 17 in the Occasions catalog, but changed it up a bit. The tag itself uses the Perfect Pennants Set with the coordinating Banner Framelits.  Here's a close-up of the tag.
(Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants; Ink: Strawberry Slush; Card Stock: Gumball Green Core'dinations, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush; Accessories: Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Linen Thread, Burlap Ribbon, Spiral Flower Original Die, Banner Framelits Die, Arrows Embossing Folder, Sanding Block)





Lynn and Kathy’s Annual Stamp Camp




Lynn and Kathy have all new projects and techniques to share you, and you will be amazed at what YOU can do!  



You will love all 5+1 easy to make but beautiful cards and projects (yep, that's really 6, but two go together)!  



We will be featuring products from the new fresh and exciting Occasions Catalog as well as the wonderful products and kits that you can earn for FREE during this year’s awesome SALE-A-BRATION promotion, that starts 1/28/14. 



If you are new to our annual stamp camp or if you bring a friend who is new, you will be entered into two live drawings for free current product (including a set of framelits/a $25 value)!


When? Saturday February 1st @ 6:00 p.m. 
 

Where? Lynn’s House 4686 Shelley Lane

Ellicott City, MD  410-203-9117 


How Much? $20 for all 5+1 projects (BYO scissors and adhesive*) 



RSVP right away for a spot:  Lynn at lbirus@comcast.net cc Kathy at kkstamper@comcast.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment