Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Creative Process

Those of you who know me, know that I don't like mess. I hate clutter. I really believe in the adage:  a place for everything and everything in its place. And all of you with children are laughing at me. Just because I believe it, doesn't mean I live it. But I do try to keep my stamping room tidy. In that room, I am, as Jerry Seinfeld said, master of my own domain. If everything is where it's supposed to be, I can find my tools and get down to work (and I don't order two of something I already own #askmehowiknow). Now I don't always clean up after myself. When I'm in the throes of creation, things just get pushed aside. And if I know I'm coming back in the stamping room to work the next day, there's no need to put everything away just yet. But if I've left my room a shambles, I have to clean before I can create. Somehow having everything spit-spot (as Mary Poppins would say) helps my creative juices flow.



How do you like to create? Do you have to have everything put away before you begin, or does chaos inspire your creativity?

I thought you'd enjoy seeing my desk after I'd put together 3 Paper Pumpkin projects (I had the kits, I just never put them together--IKR?) and after I'd created 4 projects for the birthday card stamp-a-stack. Can you believe this??!! Where do I work?


No comments:

Post a Comment