Friday, January 31, 2014

The Envelope Is The Card

There are so many clever paper crafters out there in the blogosphere.  I'm so grateful that they share their ideas so that we can all be inspired by their creations.  One of the things I've been seeing lately is the "envelope is the card" card made with the Envelope Punch Board (item #133774 $19.95).  You may know that I'm not an "early adopter" of Stampin' Up tools.  I remember saying, "Why would I need a bone folder? I can just use a spoon or my fingernail." For one thing, you can't curl the edges of the Petite Petals with your fingernail.  And now I can't imagine how I ever lived without the bone folder (item #102300 $6.95)!

So when the Envelope Punch Board was announced and demonstrated at convention last year all the demonstrators (except me) were all like, "OOOO" and "AHHHH," and I was all like, "Meh." And then people started making some really clever things with the Envelope Punch Board.  Patty Bennett was the one who won me over with her file folder cards. Click on the link. Aren't they the cutest?!! IKR??!! And, Patty has included a video on how to make these. (Patty is AWESOME!!)

You can watch Brian Piling demonstrate the Envelope Punch Board. 



You have to have it now, right??!! I only have one caution, well, two. First, if you're going to use our designer series paper, you need to use a light touch when you're scoring (ask me how I know) and second, you may become addicted to it!

So here's a little 3" by 3" the envelope-is-the-card that I made using my Envelope Punch Board. Here's the outside:

(Accessories: Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Envelope Punch Board)

And here's the inside of the card.  I fussy cut the arrows and the greeting.

(Stamp Sets: Hello Lovely, Gorgeous Grunge; Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango; Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White; DSP: Retro Fresh, Silver Glimmer Paper; Accessories: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Envelope Punch Board)

No comments:

Post a Comment