Friday, January 16, 2015

Mornin', Glory!

When I saw the colors for this week's Nacho Average Challenges blog, I immediately thought I should do something floral, but what?



I took a look at my stamps and was drawn to the Hardwood background stamp. I've seen it used tone-on-tone in Hello Honey and I liked it. So, my first color and element was chosen. Then, I chose Old Olive for the card base, which left me with Marina Mist for the flower. The only flower I know that's blue is a morning glory. So, I inked up part of the Pleasant Poppies background stamp in Marina Mist and used a Marina Mist Stampin' Write marker to hit a few places the ink pad missed. I stamped the image onto Whisper White and colored the flowers using my Blender Pens and an Old Olive Stampin' Write marker. I used my Hello Honey Stampin' Write marker to color the center of one of the flowers.

I used Old Olive to ink up the sentiment from the And Many More stamp set and punched it with the Large Oval Punch to mimic the oval of the main image. I tied it all up with a bit of Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon.


Product List

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kathy! I love how the Hardwood looks in Hello Honey. I need to try that. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look at look of the woodgrain, beautiful! Glad you joined us at Nacho Average Challenges this week, hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty -- love the woodgrain background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've seen Hardwood used with Hello Honey like that, but it's so pretty and warm! Thanks for playing along with the Nacho color challenge!

    ReplyDelete