Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rosey Petals

There's a sweet sketch over at the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge blog this week. And my interpretation is quite literal. I practically copied the sketch--but I got to use all kinds of new stuff from the Occasions catalog!



I started with a sheet of the Painted Blooms designer series paper. Did you know that one of Stampin' Up's artists actually painted the designs for this paper? It's gorgeous!! I matched it up with a Rose Red card base. For the focal point, I used the dot in the Petal Potpourri set to make a bokeh effect. I stamped some dots full strength and others half strength. 

I always like to add a pop of Basic Black so that the design isn't too monochromatic. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and I popped the stamped panel onto a Basic Black panel. 

I stamped one of the flowers from the Petal Potpourri set onto a scrap of Whisper White and punched it out with the coordinating Flower Medallion punch. I love it that Stampin' Up is offering these bundles at a 15% discount, don't you? I always buy the wood set when there's a matching punch--there's something about the wood stamps that I just love!

I added a bit of ribbon to the focal point for a little texture. I used my bone folder to curl the petals on the flower, which is attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Kathy!
    Thanks so much for playing at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty & fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete