Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Black-Eyed Susans

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   My darling daughter told me the other day that she loves seeing my Christmas cards, but she's wondering when I'm going to start doing some fall cards.  Well, yesterday's rustic thanks card was the start of some fall-ish cards. And today's card is another in the fall-ish family. 

The Maryland state flower is the Black-Eyed Susan. I remember going for walks with my grandmother and we'd pick these flowers along with Queen Anne's Lace and some others that grew naturally in our area. My granny knew the names of almost everything that grew nearby. She could also tell which of the greens would be good to eat and which of the mushrooms were good eatin' (and not poisonous). I wish I had paid attention to her, but I was so young then. But the Black-Eyed Susan's have always been some of my favorite flowers.
I created the flowers using Stampin' Up's "Daisy Delight" stamp set and matching Daisy Punch and, honestly, it was super easy! I stamped four daisies in Crushed Curry Ink onto Crushed Curry Card Stock and punched them out. I used a Blender Pen to pull some of the ink from the center of the flower, up the petals of the leaves. I curled the petals with my bone folder and then adhered two daisies together with Glue Dots. Then I stamped the center of the flower in Early Espresso Ink onto Early Espresso Card Stock. I punched this out with the 1/2" Circle Punch. Then I punched two 3/4" circles and two 1" circles from Early Espresso Card Stock. I fringed the edges of the larger flowers with my Paper Snips and then adhered them together in a stack. I adhered the centers to the flowers with Glue Dots.
Next, I wrapped a length of Copper Trim around a 5-1/2" by 2-5/8" strip of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, tucked a half Pearlized Daisy underneath, and adhered this to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base. I stamped a sentiment from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set in Early Espresso Ink. I added the Black-Eyed Susans to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

My card turned out so cute. I'm glad my daughter suggested to do some fall-ish cards!








 
Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment