Monday, October 15, 2018

Serene Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Stampin' Up's "Serene Garden" is a set that's kind of outside my wheelhouse--or at least I thought so. I kept coming back to it as I perused the annual catalog. If I'm continually drawn to a stamp set, it tells me that I actually do like it and that I should get it!

Today's card is fairly simple, but very pretty, if I do say so myself! I used the Stamparatus to stamp the large image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto the corner of a 3-3/4" by 5" Shimmery White Card Stock panel.  I took my Pool Party Ink Pad and "stamped" it onto an acrylic block so I could pick up some color with an Aqua Painter. (If you have an old style ink pad, you can squeeze some ink into the lid.) I painted color onto the stamped image. Then I used the Clear Wink of Stella to give some shimmer and shine to the flowers. I stamped the sentiment from the "Daisy Delight" set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink near the top of the image. 

Next, I used my Heat Tool to set the ink before adhering the panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon around this before adhering everything to a Pool Party Card Stock card base.
Isn't it pretty? I love the simple art, the clean design, and the use of one color with black and white. What do you think?









 
Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment