Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Thankful Still Life

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Gosh! I think I'm in love with every single thing about today's card. Each of the elements makes me so happy. But I'm especially happy with my coloring. Seriously:  if you hate coloring because you think you're no good at it (like I used to think), you need to get yourself some Stampin' Blends--they make everyone an artist. Really! Look at this.

There were so many leaves in the image, I wanted some of them to stand out. So, I colored the heart-shaped leaves like coleus--a little Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends Marker around the edges, blended with a Light Old Olive Stampin' Blend Marker. Oh my gosh! You can blend two different colors!!

So, for this card, I stamped the milk jug in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Shimmery White Card Stock. I added the fall still life image at the top in the same ink.  Because the "Country Home" stamp set is photopolymer, you can see right through the stamps for easy placement. I set this aside to dry.

While the image was drying, I ran a 5-3/8" by 2-1/2" piece of Galvanized Metallic Paper through the Big Shot with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder. These two were made for each other! I wanted to age the tin just a bit, so I rubbed my Memento Tuxedo Black Stamp Pad lightly across the top and then buffed it with a paper towel.  

I embossed the front of a Basic Gray Card Stock card base with the Subtle Embossing Folder. Then I adhered the tin directly to the card.

Once my stamped image was dry, I colored it with Light and Dark Smoky Slate, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. I colored the berries with the Light Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blend. And I already 'splained how I did the coleus leaves. Then (because I'm crazy), I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

And to prove just how crazy I am, I stamped one of the sentiments from the "Country Home" stamp set in Basic Gray Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and fussy cut just the word "thankful." I adhered that to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. Here's the finished product.

As always, if you'd like to get your hands on these products, just click on the images below my signature and you'll go directly to my online store. Have fun stampin'!!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment