Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Rustic Note

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I was so happy to see the Wood Textures 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper Stack carry over from last year's annual catalog to this year's catalog. There are so many cool wood texture choices, but my favorite is the whitewashed, beachy wood that I've used on today's card.

I started by perusing Pinterest for some ideas and I saw a similar card to the one I eventually created, but my card kind of grew organically as I put all the pieces together.
I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Wood Textures DSP. I stamped the floral image from the "Wood Words" stamp set directly onto the DSP in Early Espresso Ink and then adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Powder Pink mat. I adhered half a Pearlized Doily to the card and then wrapped a length of Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon around, covering the cut part of the doily. I then wrapped a length of 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon around the Powder Pink Ribbon, tying on a pretty bow. I adhered this to an Early Espresso Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Wood Words" stamp set in Fresh Fig onto a Powder Pink strip and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I stamped the heart from the same set in Fresh Fig Ink onto Powder Pink Card Stock and cut it out with a small Stitched Shapes Framelit circle. I adhered these two elements to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

When I was finished, I thought that I should have stamped the floral image in Fresh Fig instead of Early Espresso--but then I got a bolt of inspiration! I used my Blender Pen to add Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, and Lemon Lime Twist to the flowers and leaves in the image and, wow, did that ever make the card pop! It's fun when you can go from, hmm, I dunno--to wow with just a little inspiration!








 
Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment