Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Just For You

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Sometimes I feel like I get into a card-making rut. I'm afraid I might be making the same card over and over. I know my layouts seem repetitive to me--but I hope that using different stamp sets and colors makes them seem fresh to you! Today's card is decidedly not the same layout I normally use. I let the size of the stamped image dictate the layout and I'm quite pleased with the result.
I started by stamping one of the trees from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set onto a Whisper White panel. I used the Stamparatus to help with the image--I applied Tranquil Tide Ink to the top half of the tree and then stamped. I cleaned the stamp and then used a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker to fill in the branches and trunk. I did this several times so that the brown was just as saturated as the green--and the Stamparatus was the perfect tool to accomplish this.

Once I'd stamped the image, I cut the card stock down to 2-7/8" by 3-7/8" and adhered it to a 2-3/4" by 3-3/4" Early Espresso mat. I wrapped a length of Linen Thread around this piece, securing it in the back.

Next, I stamped one of the leaf images from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Soft Suede onto a Soft Suede Card Stock card base. I adhered a 2-3/4" by 3-3/4" piece of Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper  at an angle directly onto the card base and then I wrapped a length of Tranquil Tide Mini Ruffled Ribbon around the card front. And I adhered the stamped image to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I stamped a sentiment from the "Wood Words" stamp set in Early Espresso onto a Crumb Cake Card Stock scrap and cut it out with one of the Wood Crate Framelits. I sponged some Early Espresso Ink around the edges of the tag and then tied a Linen Thread bow on it. I adhered this to the card with Glue Dots.

Like I said, I'm pretty pleased with how this outside-my-box card turned out. What do you think?












Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment