Sunday, June 3, 2018

Creation Station: Man Made



#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation  
Hey there! Thanks for joining us for the first Creation Station blog hop of the Stampin' Up year! The 2018-2019 Annual Catalog just went live a few days ago (check it out via the link on the right of my blog) and our design team will be showing you some manly-man creations straight from the new catalog. 

My card uses several products from the Tranquil Textures Suite. I made an undersea themed card that I thought would be great for a man who enjoys snorkeling or scuba diving. This suite of products was super fun to play with because there are so many textures and so many great elements.
I started by stamping the octopus from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Balmy Blue Ink onto a piece of Watercolor Paper. I used my Stamparatus because I wanted to make him several colors--because octopi change colors! I lightly and incompletely inked up the stamp again with Fresh Fig Ink and lightly stamped the octopus again. I cut out the octopus with the matching Under The Sea Framelit. Then I squeezed a bit of Tranquil Tide Reinker onto an Acrylic Block and picked it up with an Aqua Painter. I added this color to the octopus and blended the other colors. Once it was dry, I added some Clear Wink of Stella for underwater shimmer.

I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Night of Navy Card Stock and cut out the center with the largest of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I cut out several coral and kelp pieces with the Under the Sea Framelits. Some are cut from the Watercolor Paper where I cleaned my Aqua Painter and some are from Tranquil Tide Card Stock. I adhered these to the inside of the cut-out oval with a bit of Snail Adhesive.


Next, I cut the netting from Crumb Cake Card Stock with one of the Layering Oval Framelits.  I had been seeing in various online posts that people were having trouble with this die, but I didn't have a bit of trouble. PRO TIP: Use two pieces of card stock. The top one will cut beautifully; the bottom piece will likely just have the impression and won't be cut all the way through. I adhered the net inside the cut-out oval, too.

I flipped over this piece and adhered a 3-1/2" by 4" piece of Window Sheet, using a Glue Dot at each corner. Then I adhered Foam Adhesive Strips around the oval. I added some Tranquil Textures Sprinkles inside the oval. Next, I stamped the textured stamp from the "Sea of Textures" set in Balmy Blue and Soft Seam Foam Inks onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I stamped some seaweed in Soft Sea Foam and Tranquil Tide. I removed the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and adhered the stamped Whisper White piece to the front panel. I used six Stampin' Dimensionals to add the assembled piece to a Tranquil Tide Card Stock card front.
To finish the front of the card, I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere two starfish cut from the Under the Sea Framelits. The starfish were cut from the Watercolor Paper where I cleaned my Aqua Painter of the Fresh Fig Ink. I also used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere two sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment. I adhered the octopus to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
Inside the card, I stamped the sentiment from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Night of Navy onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I added some seaweed stamped in Tranquil Tide and Soft Sea Foam. The coral is also stamped in Soft Sea Foam. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Night of Navy mat and then into the card.
I hope you enjoyed my project. Please use the next button to visit Elizabeth Price's blog. You are sure to be inspired by her project--she's amazing!
https://seeinginkspots.blogspot.com/2018/06/creation-station-is-going-man-made.html



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

4 comments:

  1. Awe-inspiring project! Love all of your details using this wonderful suite of products--it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the watercolor paper that you cleaned your brush on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kathy! I'm just in love with this set and enjoy all the examples coming by! Yours is awesome! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh WOW what fabulous detail you have in this card. This is for sure a keepsake card. Stunning!! x

    ReplyDelete