Monday, June 11, 2018

Welcome, Little One

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The "Animal Outing" stamp set is simply adorable! You can use it for both kids and grownups. I think one of my favorite ways to use this set will be for baby cards. Look at this adorable image!

I stamped the kangaroo image (yes, that's a koala bear in her pouch!) in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Thick Whisper White Card Stock. I colored the image with Light Crumb Cake and Light Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Markers. If you look closely, you'll be able to see how I was able to intensify the color to add shadowing with just the one marker--that's one of the things that makes the Stampin' Blends so great. I also don't get those streaky, hard-to-blend lines as when I color with Stampin' Write Markers.

I cut the colored image out with a Layering Oval Framelit and adhered it to a scalloped Basic Gray Card Stock Oval that I cut with another Layering Oval. I aligned the three parts of the sentiment on a single acrylic block and stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray Ink onto Thick Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the smaller Layering Oval Framelits. I adhered this to a small scalloped Basic Gray oval.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Gray Card Stock mat. (PROTIP: If you think ahead, you can cut both the scalloped ovals from the center of this mat. No one will ever know!!) I wrapped a length of Gray Granite Textured Weave Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Powder Pink Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I adhered the stamped oval elements to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and tied a cute Whisper White Baker's Twine bow onto the Gray Granite Ribbon. 









Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment