Thursday, May 16, 2019

Art Is Messy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  I've only been home from England for a couple of weeks, but I long to go back. I love England--I've been loads of places in that country and I love everywhere I've been. Today's card reminds me of something I had once in England--Eton Mess. It's a yummy concoction of all kinds of ingredients thrown together and its heavenly!

Today's card has all kinds of ingredients thrown together and...well, is it art? Or it is just a hot mess? You decide!
Since it's Thursday, I'm saying a fond farewell to Lemon Lime Twist (retiring). I love to pair LLT with Flirty Flamingo and I had an idea in my head for a card that would do just that. Well, my idea and my execution didn't quite match up, but I think I might have fallen into something.

I started by using the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut a LLT Card Stock mat, a Flirty Flamingo mat, and a Whisper White panel. I used the Stamparatus to position my card stock and stamp and stamped the large sentiment from the "Amazing Life" stamp set (retiring) in Versamark Ink onto the Whisper White Panel. I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set the image.

Next, I sponged LLT ink all over the Whisper White panel and rubbed the extra ink off the embossed portion. I thought the image was too light, so I put the panel back into the Stamparatus and inked up the stamp with Flirty Flamingo Ink and stamped again--just off-set from the original image.

I still wanted some sparkle so I brushed Wink of Stella all over the image and then sponged it into the Flirty Flamingo and LLT. It brought a nice shine and dimension to the card. I added a few Flirty Flamingo stamped dots and tied on a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon (retiring) and adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.
So how did I do? Is it art? Or is it a hot mess?








 
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment