Monday, May 27, 2019

Floating Friends

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #OnStage2019   #OnStageTelford2019   Today I have a gorgeous card to share with you! I received this card from Sandra Roberts from Uffington, England, during the OnStage event in Telford, England. The theme of the swap was "fancy cards" and Sandra made one stunning card! If you want to be inspired by more of Sandra's work, you should visit her blog: Sandra's Stamp & Craft Studio.

Sandra used the floating technique on this card--a technique that I just found out about and that I really need to try! Sandra started by stamping a sentiment from the "Incredible Like You" stamp set (retiring) in Blackberry Bliss Ink in the center of a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, she stamped the flowers and greenery images from the "First Frost" stamp set in Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, and Blushing Bride Inks. I love this color combination and I never would have thought of it without Sandra's inspiration! She cut out the stamped images with the Frosted Bouquet Dies. She also cut a few flowers from Sparkle Glimmer Paper. She made her own embellishments by punching Sparkle Glimmer Paper with the 1/8" Handheld Punch (discontinued). She adhered all the pieces to the card with regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals using the floating technique.

Such a gorgeous card. I'm so glad I got to swap with Sandra!









 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment