Wednesday, May 8, 2019

More of You

#stampinup   #OnStage2019   #OnStageTelford2019   #faithfulinkspirations   You might have heard me mention once or twice (or a dozen times) how much I like to go to Stampin' Up events. They're so much fun. You get to see and play with the new products before customers (and before demonstrators who didn't attend). And you get to hang out with like-minded people who love, love, love what we do and love to share what we love.

Today's card is one that we made during our make-and-take sessions at the OnStage event. I was fortunate to attend in Telford, UK, but all the demonstrators around the world made the same card. How cool is that?
This card features products from the Bird Ballad Suite on pages 90 through 92 in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog that goes live for customers on June 4, 2019. My strategy for Stampin' Up events make-and-takes is to do what I can't do at home (stamp an image from a stamp set I don't [yet] own, punch a shape with a punch I don't [yet] own) and then assemble the card at home. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the UK card size differs slightly from the US card size! So I did a little stampin' magic of my own when I got home.

We stamped the image from the "Free As A Bird" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 2" by 3-3/4" Whisper White panel (this is the US size). We colored the image with Light & Dark Daffodil Delight, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Light & Dark Old Olive, and Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends.

When I got home, I cut the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper piece to 3-3/4" by 5" and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I adhered the stamped panel on top of this. I stamped a sentiment from the "Free As A Bird" set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto an Old Olive Card Stock piece and adhered that to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I wrapped a length of the Very Vanilla 3/8" Scalloped Lace Trim around these pieces and tied it into a pretty bow. Then I adhered everything to a Pool Party Card Stock card base.

This set is stunning and I'll be using it a lot more once the new catalog goes live. Consider this your sneak peek! Oh! The "Free As A Bird" stamp set will be offered in a bundle with Stitched Nested Labels. They're awesome!! You'll want to put this bundle on your wish list!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment