Friday, May 10, 2019

Mother's Day Surprise

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Do holidays ever creep up on you? Do you remind your husband that Mother's Day is in two weeks and that he ought to place an order for some flowers? And then do you realize that, surprise, Mother's Day is now a couple of days away and that you haven't made a card? Does that ever happen to you? (I thought so.)

I actually remembered to make this card last Sunday and I got it in the mail in time (I think) for it to get to Minnesota. Whew! It was close.

Grandma Kartak loves purple, so I decided to go with Highland Heather--a nice, soft purple. (She also lives in Highland Park, so there's that, too.). I added in a lot of Whisper White to off-set the plethora of purple. 

I started by embossing a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I love this folder so much and I hope it never retires. It elevates a plain piece of card stock into something elegant. I adhered a 2" by 4" strip of Highland Heather Gingham Gala 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper (retiring) to the bottom of the panel. Then, I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around and adhered everything to a Highland Heather Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the daisy from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set three times in Highland Heather onto Whisper White. I punched these out with the Daisy Punch and curled the petals with my Bone Folder. I stacked these together, adhering the layers with a Glue Dot. I punch out three Pear Pizzazz and two Vellum Card Stock leaves with the Leaf Punch and adhered these to the card with Glue Dots. I adhered the daisy on top with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.

I plopped a large Clear Faceted Gem into the center of the daisy and added a few Highland Heather Gingham Gala Self-Adhesive Sequins to the card. For fun, I pulled out my retired envelop liner framelits and made a coordinating liner for the envelope.

I'm pretty sure Grandma is going to love this card...unless there's not enough purple!




Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment