Thursday, May 9, 2019

Hello (Goodbye) Tranquil Tide

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Well, it's Thursday, so it's time to say goodbye to another of the 2017-2019 In Colors. Today I'm saying goodbye to Tranquil Tide. I honestly didn't appreciate Tranquil Tide when it debuted, but I grew to love it and it became one of my go-to greens. I love the depth of the color and I love that there is a bit of blue hue in it. It's such a great color. I'm sad to see it go. But don't you worry: in just a few weeks, you'll see some new In Colors and you might just forget your retiring favorites. 

I'm also sad to say goodbye to the "Lovely As A Tree" stamp set (retiring). This set has been around for nearly 20 years! It's such a great set for masculine cards, thank you cards, sympathy cards, Christmas cards. I've used it for all of those occasions. Honestly, if you haven't purchased this set, it's one that you really need to have in your collection. And it's only going to be available through June 3rd and then it retires forever.
For today's card, I inked up the tall tree in Tranquil Tide (retiring) and then I wiped off the tree trunk with a baby wipe. I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker to color in the tree trunk and ground and then I stamped the tree onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I cut this out with a Stitched Rectangle Die and adhered it to a larger rectangle of Cajun Craze Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper (retiring) that I cut with another Stitched Rectangle Die.

Next, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of another sheet of Nature's Poem DSP to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I added a 1-1/2" by 5" strip of yet another sheet of Nature's Poem DSP to the bottom and wrapped a length of Tranquil Tide Mini Ruffled Ribbon (retiring) around. I adhered everything to a Tranquil Tide Card Stock (retiring) card base.

I adhered the tree to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the "Wood Words" stamp set (retiring) in Cajun Craze Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered the sentiment to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, tucking one end behind the stamped panel.

If you want to add the "Lovely As A Tree" stamp set to your collection, act now. Get it before it retires!!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment