Tuesday, June 17, 2014

All About YOU!

I've had my eye on the "Really Good Greetings" set since it debuted in last year's Stampin' Up! catalog. I got a bunch of great swap cards using this set. But I procrastinated...and then I had to wait to make sure it came back in the new catalog. I was so happy that it did and it went on my first order!!

Today's card is made from a great sketch on the Create with Connie & Mary challenge blog.

CCMC307

I started with the "Finally A Day That Really Is All About You!" stamp and decided it would fit nicely in one of the Chalk Talk Framelits. I used Strawberry Slush and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers to color the stamp so that I could use two colors. I love this technique--so simple and such a satisfying result!

(Stamp Set: Really Good Greetings; Card Stock: Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; DSP: 2013-2015 In Color Paper Stack; Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Chalk Talk Framelits, Strawberry Slush and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers, Banners Framelits, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Whisper White Cotton Ribbon, Basic Pearls)

My DD says the card is in "watermelon colors"--one of her BFFs loves "watermelon colors" so this would make a great birthday card for her. I added the New 1/4" Cotton Ribbon...which I love... a Strawberry Slush dotted banner and three little hearts punch with the NEW Itty Bitty Punch Pack Collection. So cute! I added a little pearl to each heart because they just needed a little somethin'-somethin' and now they coordinate with the polka dotted banner!

4 comments:

  1. What a great 'watermelon' card! I love using multiple colors of markers on my sentiment stamps. Really such a great look and easy to do! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love the "watermelon" idea! Great card fro ANY occasion! Love how you highlighted some of the words in the sentiment to make a statement! Thanks for joining us this week in the Sketch Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go-to greeting...love the different colors on the greeting! Great color combo, too! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Love these colors and they are great for summer! The little hearts and pearls finish it off perfectly! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete