Monday, June 2, 2014

Tag! You're It!

The weekly Seize the Birthday challenge blog is simple: make a birthday card. Any sketch. Any colors. Any stamps. You can choose to add a "topping," or not. This week's topping is "tags." Easy-peasy! I think I can do that!

I used one of my go-to color schemes: Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, and Very Vanilla. I really like the purples and green together. And I used one of my go-to stamp sets: Petite Petals. I just love the small flowers in that set and their matching punch! This time I stamped randomly on the tag--some flowers are stamped off the edge. I added two 3D flowers just to give the card some additional dimension. There's a small pearl in the center of the 3D flowers. The Very Vanilla seam binding at the top of the tag looked a little bit lonely to me, so I added a bit of Linen Thread.

(Stamp Sets: Petite Petals; Yippee-Skippee; Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant; Card Stock: Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Scallop Topper Tag Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Linen Thread, Basic Pearls)

1 comment:

  1. Love your pretty tag with the Petite Petals flowers. Great birthday card. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete