Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Paper Crafting with the Crew

This week's Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge is a fun one this week. Here's the sketch:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #98

I started with my pile of scraps and pulled out a cool piece of DSP from the Moonlight DSP paper stack. I love random blobs of color and I like the way they mimic the dots in the Decorative Dots Embossing folder. I went with Blue Lagoon and Basic Gray (again) as my main colors. I'm really liking this color combo!

(Stamp Set: Label Love; Ink: Hello Honey; Card Stock: Blue Lagoon, Basic Gray, Hello Honey, Whisper White; DSP: Moonlight Paper Stack; Accessories: Banners Framelits, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Artisan Label Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones, Blue Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon)


It wasn't in the sketch, but I added a strip of ribbon across the top of the card. I thought it looked too plain without. I fussy cut the sentiment and then mounted it on a piece of Hello Honey that I'd punched with the Artisan Label Punch, so that just a tiny bit of Hello Honey peeks out from behind. I'm not much of a "heart" girl, but I'm really liking these little hearts punched with the Itty Bitty Accents punch set--especially when I've added a tiny rhinestone or pearl.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch Kathy! I love your choice of DSP with the EF and the ribbon across the too. Do feel free to change, add, leave out shapes etc from the sketch as it's a starting point for inspiration :-) Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete