Friday, June 6, 2014

Awesome Fresh Thanks

Today's card is based on a sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I love the clean and simple sketches the design team inspires us with every week. This week's sketch is no exception--take a look!



I figured I could use a few scraps of Lullaby DSP that I had around from some other projects for the banners. I liked the banners, but then my color mojo went all cattywampus.  What color to use for the card base? Do I need another color panel? What color should my tag be? Oy. I tried so many combos. I finally settled on a Baked Brown Sugar base with a Crisp Cantaloupe panel and a Whisper White tag. I added some blobs from Gorgeous Grunge in Baked Brown Sugar and a few sprinkles in Pistachio Pudding.

My supply of ribbon is in a sorry state since so much of my stock has retired. I've got an order in for loads of NEW ribbon, but until that arrives, I had to make do with what I had on hand. I made a tassel from Whisper White Bakers Twine and tied it with a Linen Thread Bow.

(Stamp Sets: Yippee-Skippee! Gorgeous Grunge; Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White; DSP: Lullaby; Accessories: Angled Tag Topper Punch, Hexagon Punch, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Linen Thread)




2 comments:

  1. I love the splatters and splotches on your tag! This is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love the colours you've used here and like Jen, I love the splotches too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete