Monday, June 30, 2014

Awesome Fringe!

One of my favorite stampers, Lyssa Zwolanek, made an ombre card using Stampin' Up's new fringe scissors. It's gorgeous and you can check it out on Lyssa's blog. Lyssa also gives instructions on making the card. In her blog post Lyssa admitted that the fringe scissors was "one product I was soooo sure I didn't need to buy." I totally thought the same--until I saw Lyssa's beautiful card and knew I wanted to recreate it myself!

Instead of using blues, I used shades of orange: Tangelo Twist, Calypso Coral, and Crisp Cantaloupe. I know my eyes were playing tricks on me, but as I layered each color, it looked like the fringes were dipped dyed, too!

(Stamp Set: Yippee-Skippee! Ink: Tangelo Twist; Card Stock: Tangelo Twist, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray; Accessories: Fringe Scissors, Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, Decorative Label and Large Oval Punches)
 I added some Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon and a sentiment from the "Yippee-Skippee!" stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment