Thursday, June 26, 2014

So Many Smiles

This week's Nacho Average Challenge sketch is a simple one--but those simple ones can be deceptively difficult to work with. The Nacho design team has made some gorgeous cards. Go check them out!

Here's the sketch--looks simple enough, right?



Here's the card I came up with, using the Traveler stamp set.


(Stamp Sets: Traveler, Petite Pairs; Ink: Early Espresso; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Basic Black; Accessories: Starburst and Circles Framelits Collections, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Ticket Duo Punch)

I'm not sure I nailed it, but the elements of the sketch are there. I was tempted to do some sponging to make it a bit more vintage-y, but I left it clean and simple. I used the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder to fill in some of the empty space so that the background is not so empty.

3 comments:

  1. Great card!! I just got this set--can't wait to play with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you set the Stylish Stripes, it gives the train a sense of motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I still think it looks vintag-y, even without the sponging. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete