Monday, June 16, 2014

Nacho Traveler

I haven't played along with the Nacho Average Challenge blog for a while. I can't seem to get my act together to get something posted on Monday nights. Fortunately, I had some time over the weekend to do some creating, so for the first time in a looong time, I'm actually ahead of the game a little bit. I need to get waaay ahead of the game because I have to have projects ready to queue up for you while I'm away at the Stampin' Up! convention in ONE MONTH!!!! Wooo-hooo! (Zoinks! I need to get my swap cards made, too.)

Anyway, this weeks Nacho challenge is a great sketch. You should check out the design team's creations. They're fab! Here's the sketch.



I had my NEW Traveler set and World Map background stamp out because I used them for one of my projects for yesterday's Creation Station blog hop, so I decided to use it for the Nacho challenge.

(Stamp Sets: Traveler, World Map, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler; Accessories: Crumb Cake Seam Biding, Arrows Embossing Folder, Ticket Punch)

Jen Frost, one of the Creation Station design team members said how much she likes the "mocha and rouge" so I thought I'd go along with that color scheme. I fussy cut the passport and suitcase and adhered them with dimensionals. I used the Arrows Embossing folder on the Cherry Cobbler strip, but you have to look really closely to see it in this pic. I added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny wishes and punched it with the Ticket Duo builder punch. (Get it? Ticket? Travel?)

For the ruffly ribbon, I pulled a thread from the center of Crumb Cake Seam Binding and shirred it. It sounds easier than it is--either that, or I'm extremely impatient. Yeah, that's the ticket. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! The colors are amazing! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete