Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yippee-Skippee! Little Crabbies!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that I got the Sea Street stamp set because of the key-oot little crabs. I had a chance to play  with the crabs today, using the fabulous sketch at the Retro Sketches challenge blog.



Since the matching Maritime DSP uses Real Red, Night of Navy, and Whisper White (along with Coastal Cabana), I stuck with the red, white, and blue theme for my card. I've never actually used the "yippee-skippee!" stamp from this set, though  I've used several other sentiments. I think the little crabbies are happy little crabs and I think they look they're shouting, "Yippee-Skippee!"

(Stamp Sets: Sea Street, Yippee-Skippee!; Inks: Night of Navy, Real Red; Card Stock: Real Red, Whisper White; DSP: Maritime; Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, 3/4" and 1" Circle Punches, Banner Framelit from Circle Card Framelit Set, Whisper White 1/4" Cotton Ribbon)

The "Yippee-Skippee!" sentiment fits perfectly in the banner framelit from the Circle Card Framelit set. I curled the edges a bit to give it some dimension. I added a strip of our NEW Whisper White 1/4" Cotton Ribbon--I'm loving this new ribbon! I may have to buy all the colors. The crab circles are each popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional, as is the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment