Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey You!

Stampin' Up's new photopolymer set "What's YourType?" is so versatile! I immediately fell in love with it when Shelly demonstrated it at the new catalog premier. I haven't had a chance to ink it up until today! I had an idea and it came together nicely, I think. I really like combining the new Blue Lagoon ink along with Basic Gray.

(Stamp Sets: What's Your Type?, Work of Art; Inks: Blue Lagoon, Basic Gray; Card Stock: Blue Lagoon, Basic Gray, Whisper White; Accessories: Blue Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon)

I first tried all capital letters and that overwhelmed the card. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I hopped on over to Pinterest and saw someone had made lower case letters! Doh! Why didn't I think of that?! So this set can make capital letters and lower case letters and all kinds of designs--that's actually what won me over--the versatility of the designs and textures that can be made with these simple shapes.

Speaking of simple, this card uses only stamps, ink, and card stock and only one embellishment: ribbon. How about that? I thought about adding basic rhinestones, but as one TV crafter once said, that would be "one baby's breath over the line."

I really like our photopolymer stamps. You can see right through them and (with a little practice) you can line letters up quite easily. And they're nice and sticky so they really stick to the acrylic blocks--even when the blocks are dirty, which mine often are. You've got to keep the acrylic blocks clean for our clear-mount stamps to stick. A little dish soap and they're good as new and the clear-mount stamps cling to them once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment