Friday, June 13, 2014

Summertime Seize the Birthday

I love playing along with the Seize the Birthday challenge blog--because the challenge is so simple: make a birthday card! They always throw in a topping, though, which makes it interesting. But you don't have to add a topping if you don't want to. This week's topping is SUMMERTIME. For my card, I choose summery colors to make it a summertime card.

 
(Stamp Set: Label Love; Ink: Coastal Cabana; Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding; DSP: Lullaby; Accessories: Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Artisan Label Punch)

I love the Lullaby DSP because it's sweet, but not babyish, and it can be used for any type of card. I matched the honeycombs on the DSP with the Honeycomb Embossing folder. I pulled the Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding colors from the DSP for my color scheme. Do you love the new THICK Baker's Twine?! I surely do!!

Have a great weekend and don't forget to stop back here on Sunday morning so you can follow the Creation Station design team blog hop!!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you've used that gorgeous DSP. Great card!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've echoed the honeycombs on the paper with the embossed background - great card!Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete